Using A Subdomain For Your Tracking Page
How to Connect a Subdomain to Your Shopify Store for Hosting a Tracking Page
If you want to use a subdomain of your primary Shopify domain to host your tracking page, you can follow these steps. For example, you might want to do this if your site is Headless and you want to use a Storefront Tracking Page temporarily while you develop your headless tracking page on the API.
Step 1: Add a CNAME Record to Your Domain Hosting
- Log in to your domain hosting provider's account. This is where you manage the settings for your domain.
- Navigate to the DNS settings or DNS management section. The exact location and wording may vary depending on your hosting provider.
- Look for an option to add a new DNS record. Choose "CNAME" as the type of record.
- In the "Name" or "Host" field, enter the subdomain you want to use. For example, if you want to create a subdomain called "track," enter "track" in this field.
- In the "Value" or "Points to" field, enter "shops.myshopify.com." This is the Shopify server where your store is hosted.
- Save the changes to add the CNAME record.
Step 2: Add the CNAME to Your Shopify Domains Settings
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
- In the left-hand menu, go to "Online Store" and then select "Domains."
- Under the "Connected domains" section, click on "Connect existing domain."
- Enter the subdomain you created in Step 1 (e.g., "track.yourstore.com") in the "Domain name" field.
- Click on "Next."
- Shopify will check the DNS settings, and if everything is correctly configured, you'll see a confirmation message. Click on "Confirm connection."
Step 3: Create Your Tracking Page
- With your subdomain now connected to Shopify, you can create your tracking page.
- From here, follow the steps to create a Storefront Tracking Page normally. Your page will be accessible from the subdomain URL.
That's it! Your subdomain is now connected to your Shopify store, and you can use it to host your tracking page. Customers can access your tracking page using the subdomain you specified (e.g., "track.yourstore.com"). Make sure to update any links or communications to point to this subdomain for a seamless tracking experience.